I have to say I'm disappointed in the low participation (aka, 0!) in my very first giveaway, but I guess it's sortof kindof my own fault because I do not post often therefore nobody checks my blog when I post something important. Oh well. I have a friend in mind that would probably be interested in owning a copy. Maybe next time we'll have better participation!
And about wrapup of my review of The Enclave:
If you like the stories that keep you on your toes, Enclave is awesome. I agree with another CSFF blogger in that it is a "PG-13" sort of book, for violence and sexuality. It didn't bother me at all when I was reading it. I encourage you to try it, and if you don't have it at the library, feel free to call me up and ask if you can borrow it. I like exchanging books every once in a while with friends just to read something new.
Links:
Featured book, The Enclave - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764203282
Karen Hancock’s Web site - http://www.kmhancock.com/index.htm
Karen Hancock’s blog - http://karenhancock.wordpress.com/
Participants’ Links:
Brandon Barr
Jennifer Bogart
Keanan Brand
Grace Bridges
Canadianladybug
Melissa Carswell
Valerie Comer
Amy Cruson
CSFF Blog Tour
Stacey Dale
D. G. D. Davidson
Janey DeMeo
Jeff Draper
Emmalyn Edwards
April Erwin
Karina Fabian
Beth Goddard
Todd Michael Greene
Heather R. Hunt
Becky Jesse
Cris Jesse
Julie
Carol Keen
Krystine Kercher
Dawn King
Mike Lynch
Melissa Meeks
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Mirtika
Eve Nielsen
Nissa
John W. Otte
Steve Rice
Crista Richey
James Somers
Speculative Faith
Stephanie
Rachel Starr Thomson
Steve Trower
Fred Warren
Elizabeth Williams
Maybe the next giveaway will be better. ;)
Love,


















2 comments:
Stephanie, book giveaways can be one great way to attract readers to your blog, but you need to get the word out. One of our members announced her giveaway on an email loop we're both on. If you're on Facebook, announce it there. If not, tell your friends they have to visit your site and enter. Send emails to your family and friends who live in other parts of the country, encouraging them to enter.
But ultimately, you're right. If you post regularly, visitors will be more apt to come by regularly.
Becky
I'm sorry I missed this--it sounds like such a good book!! Grr. I've completely neglected my Blogger account lately, though. *sigh* Anyway, I'll try to check this more often so I can participate in other giveaways.
Post a Comment