So, let's see...I've had a cold for the past few days that's had me down...I'm over it enough, though, that I still get to take off for Aggieland tomorrow! Still working on the presentation...yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a last minute person. I've got the basics there, it's just too short, so I'm adding some filler. (shh, don't tell anyone!)
This afternoon I worked on the presentation, then at 3:30 we went to the nursing home here in town, you see...
- we were talking to a lady from church who used to take her son and go read to nursing home residents. We thought that was cool, so now we're signed up for that the rest of the summer. :D
I got this sweet old lady, who already had books picked out that she wanted to read, she just had bad eyesight, so I pulled up a chair and started reading Ya-Yas in Bloom for her by somebody Wells (see my shelfari shelf). Interesting. Definitely a "Mitford" type book, a bit more, ok, WAY more wandering...it starts out talking about a picture, then it goes into why they were wearing what they were wearing, and 5 pages later you get back to the picture, then it goes into...yeah. It was ok, though. I really enjoyed it, besides the fact that I had to quickly convert a few bad words. ;) The lady fell asleep in the middle...(I wasn't sure if she was actually asleep or not because she had warned me that she would close her eyes because of some eye problem she has)... but I kept on reading just in case, then her neighbor's daughter came in and said that she was asleep...then the neighbor's daughter brought in another lady who wanted to listen...then my lady who I was actually reading to woke up...I let her know what was going on, etc., etc...fastforward to 5:00. She asks what time it is, I look behind me, and I've been reading for an HOUR AND A HALF! And no drink in between, either! Wow! So then we had to leave, but we're planning on coming twice a week to read. Mom and the boys started reading a condensed Pilgrim's Progress to another lady, whose son works for Dad...yeah, lol. Anyway, that was my afternoon... Got home, worked on presentation, played some of The Haunting of Castle Malloy (ND PC game), ate supper, worked on presentation, going to take a shower, pack a bit, then go to bed. :)
Probably won't be able to post for the next 3 days... but remember...I'll be back!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment