Yes, I'm quite serious, I'm back. I have been working on a draft that had the whole scoop on my trip in May, but I lost it a few days ago, so I decided why not just start back, and if you refer to the trip, they'll get it. Yeah. So, I'm back. :)
The scoop on my life now:
The scoop on my life now:
- I just got back from singing at the nursing home :) lots of fun, it's just sometimes awkward with the old people, you know?
- Yesterday was our church's VBS - fun but very tiring
- I've been thinking about my future career, my goals in life, etc., etc. I am enjoying puzzling over it, and praying. Lots of big decisions coming up!
- Friday was Adam (now 9) and Carson (now 5)'s birthday - big party, lots of fun, even though our swimming pool was kinda sorta, ok, really murky.
- There's a lot of cute guys around that keep catching my attention, therefore I've been thinking about courtship and marraige a lot.
- I'm hoping to start back up on my poor abandoned book whose title I can't remember right now...this summer
- Mom and Dad mapped out my working schedule - I'm supposed to work 39 days this summer! I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing
- As soon as I wrote my guidelines for myself on here, I abandoned blog (weird, huh?)
- I'm going to singing camp this summer
- I want to play some Nancy Drew games this summer, if time allows. Looking forward to seeing more about the new one coming out in a month or so.
- I'm probably going to abandon my Piczo website for awhile
- I TURN 15 IN 2 WEEKS, or in other words, 14 DAYS!!! Not sure what to do for my party, considering doing one based on the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Yes, a party based on a book. Comments and advice, please? (note: this would be a girls-only party, in case you were wondering)
- I really like using bullet points to get my thoughts across in a blog without having to think too hard. Maybe I should do this all the time!
- I have been having the hardest time getting myself to have a devotional time lately. It's partly due to busyness, partly due to laziness. Therefore, I'm very seriously considering (in fact, I've convinced myself) to start up a Bible study here in town, once a week or so...yeah. Based on a marvelous, endearing, inspiring book that I picked up at the homeschool convention on our trip, "Young Lady's Guide to the Harmonious Development of Christian Character" by Harvey Newcomb. Sound old? Maybe that's because the last time it was edited was in January of 1843! Even though it's old, it's really, really good, the best devotional book I have ever seen. It's not really a devotional book, but I use it as one. I'm planning to start the study maybe next week? Which reminds me...
- On Wednesday I am skipping town for a few days to go to the State 4-H Roundup in College Station, TX to present my powerpoint presentation. I'm a bit nervous, considering that I'm not done with my presentation yet. ;)
- I'm going to try to finish reading Ivanhoe this afternoon. It's ok....a bit slow and thick and sludgy, but it's not as bad as Mansfield Park by Jane Austen! That was wading through a swamp.
I think that's it, I'll do my very best to keep this up as well as I can. Question, anyone? ;)
Ah yes, one more thing...a lovely picture I want to share with ya'll!
One of the adorable birthday boys!




















1 comments:
oh book parties are always so fun. and I know what you mean about the guys.
Post a Comment