Friday, May 22, 2009

Bible from my Daily Devo

Yes, I'm back :) and I have a huge post I need to start on to tell you all about my trip, but first I want to start with Bible. I just finished today's, and have 10 minutes to tell you all about what I'm learning in our daily Bible reading and PUBLISH before the time's up. Here it goes.

Well, I can't start without telling you that the homeschool convention really inspired me, and I found out that if you can read the King James version of the Bible, you can easily read any difficult book in the world! Which I thought was really cool, therefore now I'm reading my daily Bible reading in the King James version, that has the NLT right next to it. I'll explain more later. Anyway...
Today I was reading 2 Kings 18 and 19, and John 6:22-44. 2 Kings was great, learning about Hezekiah, how Jerusalem was about to be attacked by the Assyrians, Hezekiah prayed, and God sent the Angel of the Lord, and killed 185,000 of the Assyrians in one night! Naturally, the Assyrians took the hint and ran for their lives. Really shows how powerful God is!!!
The New Testament reading was sooooo good. You really should read it just because, it's really worth it! It was about how Jesus is the Bread of Life. People were following Him around because he had fed them, and they were sorta kinda...asking for more food. Jesus told them that they shouldn't be spending their time worrying about real food, because spiritual food is what really matters. He told them how He is the Bread of Life and that He is the Bread from Heaven...practically that He's all that they need, He's the way to everlasting life...He's worth every second of your time because He's all that matters. Wow. I just drank it up, it's so beautiful and life-giving to read. :) I would quote all the verses, but I'm out of time. I encourage you to read the verses - it's only 22! I might edit this later to add more.
See ya!

0 comments: