Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Coffee!!!


Ok, so on Monday my allergy doctor checked to see if I'm allergic to coffee...and I'm not!
Therefore, directly after the appointment, Mom and I dashed to Market Street to find organic coffee. After much searching, we found the perfect coffee, for the perfect price. Mom was like, wait, we don't have a coffee maker! And I said, Oh yes, we do! We have one at the business - they never use it, let's confiscate it! So, we bought the coffee, and I smiled all the way home, looking forward to coffee in the morning. However...when we got to the business to get the coffee maker, it didn't have any filters with it. I thought, why not pick them up on the way home? Well, Mom said no, so all day yesterday I was asking her about it, until she finally decided to pick it up when she went to do weights. :) So... This morning I got up at 6:00 so I'd have time to clean it (it was filthy), and have coffee by breakfast at 6:30. The only problem is that coffemakers do not clean very fast. In fact, they do not clean well at all. I check on the internet, guess what I had to do??!!



  • run a half water, half vinegar combination through the coffemaker, 12 cups of it

  • let the coffeemaker cool for 15 minutes, wash it out

  • run cold water through the coffeemaker twice, the whole 12 cups, repeating step 2 in between.

I completely freaked! I was like, I want coffee now, not by lunch time! Ah well. So right now it is on the last load of cold water, I'l let it cool down for 15 minutes, and FINALLY start some real COFFEE to percolating! I'll let ya know if that doesn't work out, either. ;)


Love,

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Nice.Just try not to get a caffine addiction like me. All LTC I had a slipting head ach because I drank like NO caffine. Of course I bet y'all got decaf...

Stephanie said...

lol, no, it's not decaf, it's full caffeine!!! :D Next year we can have headaches together, unless we bring the coffee with us, or buy some at the Coffee Post! ;)

Taylor said...

That's what mama did. Did she share? Nooo! She stood there sipping her coffee watching me gulp down the tylonel. ;)

Stephanie said...

LOL! we should save the whole month before LTC, a dime a day or something like that. Then we could sip with her. =D

Hannah said...

I don't like coffee. don't like the smell, don't like the taste. Tea for me. some of it has caffeine and it's healther than coffee anywat. :p