Thursday, April 23, 2009

PRC Benefit Dinner!

Last night I volunteered at a benefit dinner for a local Pregnancy Resource Center...I had a wonderful time! Almost all the teens from the homeschool group were there as volunteers, too, so I was not exactly surrounded by strangers. =D
We started out with putting ice in the glasses, and moved on from there, getting everything set up. When almost all the people were there, we started taking the food out, then waited on our tables. This comedian person (don't know his name) started up, so we just made sure all the pitchers were full, then got to start on our own supper. The Menu was...Poor Man's Filet Mignon, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, and some sort of very tasty dessert that I have no idea what it was...but it was good! Then we heard a little speech from the director of the PRC, a testimony, and finally more of the comedian. I don't know why, but I don't really enjoy comedy that much. By the end of the night, you're like, HA, Ha, ha, ha, ha....I'm really tired of laughing. In any case...when we were on the last half of the comedian, we started picking up trash and all that. I don't know why, but it's really fun!!! I wore a black skirt, white longsleeve button-up shirt, these hideous burnt-orange/brown hose, and new black shoes. It was wonderful!

On the subject of the things coming up...tonight, Dave Ramsey is having this simulcast thing, and you can go watch it in Clovis, so we, the N. family, and Eric and Kaye are going to go watch that tonight, Friday I've got Choir, and I was going to do the bowling party at the base, but Kye is going to spend the night 'cause of the Walk-a-Thon, so we're probably going to come home after choir, watch a movie, and go to bed EARLY! We could go...but we'll probably not because the Walk-A-Thon is Saturday (the next day) and I plan on walking 20 miles, so rest might be important...
Sense and Sensibility - we're waiting on a book of it for Liz, so we haven't been able to work on that much. Just chapter 1 so far.
About the fanfiction that Liz and I are writing, yes, I am the problem child that is behind on it that has been holding everything up...I am writing the 1st chapter, it's taking forever because of my packed schedule. Grrr. I'm trying to get it done, forgive me being so slow! I'm going to try to finish it today, after Liz reads it and proofreads it, I'll post it up on here. :)
Must go!

0 comments: