Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Many updates due

Ok, so I started a post before we left for LTC. Did I finish it? Noooooo. Therefore, I am going to give a little update here, and some fun stuff, then work on finishing the old post that got saved as a draft. The fun picture is from http://www.inspiks.com/ - a very neat website.

We (Liz and I) had a very nice time at LTC, and met this guy who we have decided to nickname either Blondie or Jesus. Not in a sarcastic way; he just has long (2-3" past the shoulder) blonde hair. He was very friendly, struck up a conversation with me, then followed Liz around on Sunday morning. Quite interesting. Even more interesting is the fact that he lives only 30 minutes away from me, and my family is thinking about visiting the church that he goes to sometime. Therefore...I haven't seen the last of him, for which I am glad. After all, he was very nice.
To continue my LTC info...Our play and all our events went pretty well, and we all got a mixture of gold and silver awards. What made this LTC the best year ever was the awesome speeches, choruses, and dramas I experienced. They were absolutely inspiring, especially this group of guys from Waterview Church of Christ, 11th and 12th grade, about 18-20 guys that sang in a chorus. Wow. Wow again. I couldn't believe how good they sounded and how much fun they were having with it. If only all the people in the homeschool group had such an enthusiasm for singing! And the songs they sang were so beautiful. Did I mention that they were singing four-part harmony? Ah. In any case, to say that I was completely blown away by their performance is an understatement. Honestly, I emailed their church yesterday asking if there is any way I can get a recording of their singing.
Anyway...moving on to the speeches. These were kids my brother Austin's age, in his group, and their speeches were better than anything I have ever heard from young guys at LTC! They sounded like preachers. Mom was very impressed and talked to their parents, who directed her to the man who trained them, an elder in their church. Obviously, Austin needs to get together with this man, and maybe then he'll speak like a pro. Not that he didn't do well this year...these guys were just better.
The drama that I'm talking about would, of course, have...the Jesus man in it. lol ;) According to Liz, the play they did was something that's been performed a gazillion times before, I just hadn't seen it. I might explain it later. I don't feel like writing it out right now.
Another interesting thing about LTC would be the fact that I was tired the entire week. Why? Because I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. the night before we left early the next morning. SO...I was behind on sleep the entire week. I had fun anyway, though.
About Thursday: I went to a wonderful young writer's workshop. It was the best I've ever been to - she was very fun to listen to, and had some great, helpful points. Who am I talking about? Who is the "she"? Mrs. Connie Willis, author of several science fiction novels. I need to look her up sometime since I'd never heard of her until this class. ;)
Anyway, I need to go. I will do my best to finish writing several drafts of posts that I've never finished today and SEND OUT THE Make-A-Wish Walk-A-Thon EMAIL TODAY!!! Ack. Maybe in the break. I will stop ranting and leave now.
If you want, ask me questions or ask for clarity and more definition on the LTC stuff in the comments. I can be a bit random sometimes.
I'll be back soon! (mwaahhahahahahaha!)



P.S. I also watched Love Finds a Home on Hallmark channel on Saturday night. I can't believe the series is over. Maybe I'll say more on that later...Now I will just say that Lee Owen is still a weird, awkward kisser. Also, it turned out completely different than the way Lizzie and I predicted it. I will leave now. ;D

P.P.S. I ran across three of the coolest blogs/websites ever today!
http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/ - A lady who bakes these really cute treats - they are absolutely adorable! Especially these little pops. And she teaches you how to make them, too!
www.thepioneerwoman.com - A really awesome website of a woman who loves photography, cooking, homeschooling, etc. She has all her blogs on this website. I think she lives somewhere near me, too. I'm not sure, though. Anyway, it's really fun to explore.
http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog/ - According to the website, "Cooking tips, copycat recipes, and lots more! New secret restaurant recipes posted weekly." That says it all. Talk about treats! From all the coolest restaurants, the greatest recipes. It's really fun to explore and find the recipe for Sonic's drinks, etc., etc! How cool is that?!

0 comments: