Thursday, April 2, 2009

An Old Fashioned Girl brings me back

I was introduced to Louisa May Alcott's books at the young age of about 7. They remain foremost among my favorites.

An Old Fashioned Girl brings back memories of Polly Milton, and how much I wanted (and still want) to be like her. She was always sweet and kind, even when Fan and Tom antagonized her. Ah. It also brings back memories of not really understanding Polly's heartache when she loves someone, and the strange feeling of understanding it better now. Old books like this hold an inestimable value in my heart.
Note: you can listen to ithe recorded version for free off of http://librivox.org/ here: http://librivox.org/an-old-fashioned-girl-by-lousia-may-alcott/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, it's Katie. Why did I never ever know you had a blog? *wrings hands* Anyway, have just been on Plinky, looks very cool.

Taylor said...

Steph how did get your name like that???? I want one!!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Katie -
lol, I had it for awhile, then abandoned it, and just lately returned to it, so that's why you hadn't heard of it yet. yes, I LOVE PLINKY!!! It has been a lot of fun to goof off on.