Monday, April 6, 2009

Me and my scorched spinach


Yes, I burned the spinach. It tasted fine, but it smelled a little too toasty.

Anyway...the proper explanation: Mom is gone to a homeschool mom's night out, and my brothers are spending the night with our favoritest aunt and uncle. I was left at home with the monumental task of fixing supper for Dad and myself. I decided to go with something easy - a hamburger patty for me, a chicken patty for Dad, along with cheesesticks, noodles, and spinach. I stuck the chicken and cheesesticks in the oven after a weird preheat session, and started the noodles to cooking. Then I grabbed the meat out of the fridge, formed a round, flat orb, stuck it in the pan with seasoning, and turned the burner to high. 5 seconds later, it was spitting grease at me and smoking. So I turned it down. It still smoked. Impatient, I simply left it to sizzle and hiss, rescued the c&c from the oven, and dumped the noodle water in the sink. My burger was still smoking and stuff, so I turned on the vent over the stove, and turned the burner YET FARTHER down. By now, my glasses were so greasy from the mist off of the meat, that I couldn't really tell if the kitchen was smoky or if it was just me. It wasn't just me. The kitchen was smoky. I'm lucky I didn't set off the fire alarm!!! Finally everything was settled safely on the table, and I realize that I haven't cooked the spinach yet! It took forever to cook! And when I finally checked on it, it smelt BURNT, as the post title indicates. Horrible, terrible.
On a different note, I bought a planner! I'll try to get a pic of it sometime. ;) I know you're just dying to see it. Well, actually, it's fixing to be pretty cute - I'm going to sticker it up. I keep it in my purse and was really useful until I LEFT IT AT MRS. CATHY'S TODAY!!!!! Thanks to Mom and :D, it's back with me. Big schedule that was planned for today. Little that has been done. Much is being moved to tomorrow. Ouch.
One thing that was on the list was to type out the "speech" I spoke at my great-grandmother's funeral. So much for that. You'll probably hear about it tomorrow - I'm planning on posting it on here, possibly. There is so much I want to tell you that's happened in the past few days! Lizzie has a good account of the things we did together this weekend, so check over there for more info on my weekend (http://aslgirl.blogspot.com/2009/04/movies-and-ltc-and-guys-oh-my.html)
I've got lots more to blog -- Just be patient!



"Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him.
If we disown him, he will also disown us;
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful,
for he cannot disown himself."
-2 Timothy 2:11-13

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't even east spinach when it's cooked. yuck. I made carrots and mashed potatoes the other day for dinner. neither of those burnt. though I have made my share of burnt cookies!

Taylor said...

Stephanie, how could you? :) You probably did better than I would've done. I wouldv'e burned the whole house to the ground.

Stephanie said...

lol, yeah, I have a bad habit of completely forgetting things I leave on the stove...thanks for the sympathy! ;)

Katie said...

Ooh *winces* Yeah, I tend to burn things. Usually I pick up a book and then go, "Wait, what? I was cooking something?"

Anyway, it sounds like you did a good job with the meal, so good job *thumbs up*